Pls see this exciting opportunity to address unmet needs in CVD health, made available by the Astra Zeneca Foundation.
2020 CCH Next Generation Open Call for Applications Accepted from February 3 at 9 a.m. ET to February 21, 2020 at 5 p.m. ET.
To access the online application and apply for funding, click here.
CCH Next Generation will maintain CCH's original mission to improve cardiovascular health in the US and many of the same criteria for funding and programs. What’s new is the focus on sharing nearly 10 years of Foundation and Grant Awardee learnings from the field so new applicants have the opportunity to modify or adapt these learnings when designing and implementing their own innovative, community-based heart health programs.
CCH Next Generation grants in the amount of $125,000 to $150,000 will be awarded to organizations that have never been funded before by the Foundation through the CCH program. CCH Next Generation welcomes applications from every state in the nation and has a preference for funding applications from the top 20 states by cardiovascular disease mortality. Additional preference will be given to applications from those states where the Foundation has never previously funded a program (see detailed criteria). CCH will provide limited grant funding by invitation only to several previously-funded organizations to serve as mentors to newly-funded organizations, support program sustainability and share lessons learned.
To qualify for a Foundation Program Grant, nonprofit organizations based in the United States must be engaged in charitable work (at the community level or otherwise) that addresses the Foundation’s Connections for Cardiovascular Health℠ (CCH) mission and meets five key criteria:
- Addresses cardiovascular health issues within the United States and its territories
- Recognizes and works to address an unmet need related to cardiovascular health in the community
- Responds to the urgency around addressing cardiovascular health issues, including cardiovascular disease or conditions contributing to cardiovascular disease
- Improves the quality of participants’ and non-professional caregivers’ lives in connection with the services provided and work done
- Demonstrates a clear plan for long-term program sustainability, to further improve cardiovascular health after Foundation grants are expended.
Foundation grant applications that meet the criteria and describe innovative programs with clearly defined outcomes and measurable results and processes will be considered for funding.
Review the detailed program criteria.