An internship opportunity with Peace Corps at SJSU for the 2015-2016 school year!
Campus Ambassadors: Peer-to-Peer Networking Experts
· Campus Ambassadors are university students who work closely with Peace Corps Recruiters to raise Peace Corps’ profile on campus and introduce it to new and diverse student groups. Read a quick articlefor more info!
· The program offers a prestigious internship-like experience, only the Ambassadors are considered local experts, not interns. They know their campus better than anyone, and help Recruiters connect with new pockets.
· Ambassadors receive training, a t-shirt, and swag, then share their enthusiasm for making a difference through life-changing cross-cultural experiences.
The Details In Brief
· The internship: Campus Ambassadors, an unpaid, on-campus internship with Peace Corps
· Core duties: Targeted peer-to-peer outreach through presentations, social media, event planning, and more
· Dates of service: September 2015—April 2016
· How to apply: Through this online application
· Application deadline: Thursday, April 30th, 2015
Targeted student outreach – 60%
• Identify and connect with diverse student groups around campus, plugging them into Peace Corps activities and sharing the Peace Corps story with them.
• Post and tweet multimedia content about the Peace Corps every week.
• Participate in nationwide Ambassador competitions.
Event coordination and support – 25%
• Help set up and turn people out to events put on by Peace Corps Recruiters.
• Organize movie screenings and other activities.
Data collection and reporting – 15%
• Track and report local Peace Corps-related activity, from the number of students who attend campus information sessions to the number of likes and forwards garnered by social media posts.
• Document all activities performed as an Ambassador.
The Peace Corps supports Ambassadors’ professional growth through individualized mentorship with a Peace Corps Recruiter, sample resume language, and a letter of recommendation when Ambassadors successfully complete the program.
Interested in applying?
Peace Corps will be accepting applications for this unpaid internship until April 30, 2015, at bit.ly/1xSZEzB. Questions?
What is Peace Corps?
· Peace Corps is a federal agency that promotes world peace and friendship through cultural exchange.
· Peace Corps Volunteers travel to one of over 60 countries across the globe, living and working hand-in-hand with local leaders to address the most pressing issues in their communities.
· Volunteers also share their own culture with local families, and bring that foreign culture home.